October 3, 2013 § 6 Comments
It’s October!!! It’s now officially my due date month. I’m 36 weeks – or 9 months – pregnant and have just a few weeks to go. Since I’ve had four different due dates (October 18, October 23, October 30, and November 3), who knows when it will happen. We’ve been going by the October 30 due date for months now, but lately my doctor thinks I’m two weeks ahead of that and the last ultrasound I had said October 23. It’s all a guess anyways and luckily, I have had her tell me that, if need be, I won’t be induced until a week after my October 30 due date. I’m still feeling really good though, so I really do not mind carrying this guy around on the inside for another 3 or 4 weeks.
Some things of note:
- Henry’s been head down for a few weeks now
- He likes to head butt my cervix, especially if I’m trying to make lunch or on a conference call
- I got really into eating blueberry buckwheat pancakes for every meal for a while, especially when I couldn’t think of anything else I wanted to eat. Good thing buckwheat has protein and fibre!
- I’m starting to get stares as I walk down the street. I even had a car full of guys pregnant-cat-call me about an hour ago. Yet it’s still a special occasion when someone offers me a seat on the subway.
- Weirdest thing: sometimes I hear a tiny click or the sound of a tiny bubble popping when he moves around. Googling resulted in message boards of ladies saying they had the same thing. What does it mean???
- I now get up to pee on average about three times a night.
- My body temperature is rising and I’m ready for Fall weather. It’s been like summer here and the only reason I’m wearing a sweater in the photo above is because I thought maybe you guys are tired of seeing me in tank tops.
- Nick and I are feeling really ready for labour. We took a Childbirth Education class last weekend and we’re taking a baby CPR and safety class on Saturday.
- Still doing yoga 3 or 4 times a week!
- Oh yeah, my birthday is next week, but I’ve never cared less about it.
Cross your fingers that there’s at least one more of these pregnancy updates coming your way!