Would you rather (“get me back to my fiance!” edition)
March 13, 2010 § 1 Comment
Nick & I at Coney Island, 2007
I am so tired of not being with Nick every day that I want to go back to “visit” again, even though I originally thought I could stick it out and wait to go back for good, whenever that is supposed to be.
To tempt the gods of luck, knocking on wood, and jinx, I will perform any one of these tasks if I can get back to New York by the end of March:
1. I will learn all the American states and their capitals
2. I will take a picture of myself every day for a year, and make some kind of weird, slowly aging, creepy photo diary
3. I will attempt to learn some Spanish, as I think that’s what a good portion of NYC speaks (Sorry, Greenpoint, I’m not touching Polish)
4. Not only will I make a point to explore parts of Manhattan I’ve yet to see, I will also try to reach more (non-scary) areas of Brooklyn and/or Queens
5. I will try some kind of meat that I’ve always been scared to try (squaw, octopus, horse, as long as it’s not enough to make me gag)
Okay, Chance Gods, what’s my assignment?