Don Draper VS Hank Moody
January 14, 2011 § 9 Comments
My Sunday nights still have a gaping hole where Mad Men once was, but at least now Californication is back in its third season to fill some of the void.
Although Californication is only half an hour long and not quite as intelligent, it still satisfies some of my need for outlandish situations and gasp-inducing plot twists. The show also provides an alternate handsome older man to look at while simultaneously being grateful he isn’t my husband.
How much alike are Don and Hank? Let’s take a closer look.
Don + Hank – The Similarities:
- Both serious womanizers
- Both give occasional feeble attempts to clean up their act
- Both suddenly found themselves single (up until the last episode of last season for Don anyway)
- Both love the hooch
Don + Hank – The Differences:
- Don is a much better dresser
- Hank is brutally honest while Don is a pathological liar
- Don is much more career-oriented
Other than those major bullet points, Hank could very well be a modern day version of Don. That being said, who would you rather date?