July 15, 2013 § Leave a comment
On Wednesday, I hit the 6 month mark in my pregnancy! The second trimester is just flying by and will very soon be over.
What’s new in babymaker land:
- Nick and I went stroller and crib browsing on Saturday. Even though it was overwhelming, we have a much better idea of what we’re looking for in both categories now. (It’s looking like this stroller & something like this crib.)
- My appreciation for working from home only grows as wearing a bra has become torturous. (Imagine fitting the bottom of a bra around the growing top of that bump, pictured above!)
- Henry is moving around my belly more and more. Little kicks, pokes, punches, and what feels like somersaults happen regularly.
- I’ve (temporarily) lost more Ashtanga yoga poses and am not always able to fold forward to touch my head to my knee anymore.
- I have started taking prenatal yoga, sometimes even with my doula, a few times a week which is very nice. I just have to remember it’s not Ashtanga and no need to go nuts.
- I’m reading this book in preparation for labour.
- I’m helping the web company I freelance Social Media for find a replacement while I take maternity leave. If you know anyone, the job description is here.
Have a great Monday evening and stay cool, friends.